Former Lowry Air Force Base located in Denver, Colorado, The Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum. This museum preserves the history of the late Lowry AFB’s operation from1938 up to 1994 in archives, research, and collections.
From 1937 to 1994, the Lowry Air Force Base based on the eastern edge of Denver has served the nation and the surrounding community in many different ways. This airbase was first a technical training center for more than 1.1 million enlisted members and officers.
Air and Space Museum Guest Guidelines
Wings Over the Rockies is now opening its doors for visitors. The following are all State and Federal recommendations regarding the COVID-19 virus. Their priority will always be the safety of their guests, staff, and volunteers, and are taking extra measures to help keep the community healthy and functional.
- To minimize queues, the management highly encourages everyone to pre-purchase their tickets before the visit.
- Tickets are only valid on the date of the reservation inputted. They are open Monday up until Saturday from 10 am – 5 pm and 12 pm to 5 pm on Sundays.
- Simulators are now accessible on a first-come-first-served basis.
Visit their website to compare tickets https://wingsmuseum.org/museum/visit/
High technologically engineered to be an introduction in the first stages of a pilot’s aviation experience, the TouchTrainer FM 210 is a flight simulator that provides an immersive dual seal cockpit. Complete with pilot/co-pilot, intercoms, audio simulation, and an onboard instructor’s station. EZ Denver Junk Removal
The experience is guided by a trained Wings Over the Rockies volunteer who assists with the setup, a brief orientation, and flight in Cessna aircraft.
Flight simulation is free for a 15-minute experience and guests must at the age of 8 or older to fly in this simulator.
James C. Ray Flight Training Scholarship
- The Wings is thrilled to offer flight training scholarships to Colorado students (15-15)
- The Teacher Flight is a total immersion in the aviation industry for K-12 formal educators.
- Young Eagles are opportunities for kids ages 8-17 can receive a free flight with an FAA-certified pilot.
Wings Over the Rockies is building something special that is something unique to the nation. They have challenged themselves to provide the best and most innovative aerospace experiences found elsewhere.
Go to this site if interested in donating https://56000.blackbaudhosting.com/56000/Wingspan
Address: 7711 E Academy Blvd, Denver, CO
See other tourist attractions like Kirkland Museum of Fine Decorative Art