Table of Contents
You might’ve rented a storage unit at some point. Doing so is wise when you’ve run out of storage space in your attic, basement, and garage. The only downside is that you’re going to be paying monthly to use the storage unit. Therefore, you’ll want to make sure that you get the most out of your storage unit. The best way to do that is by getting rid of items you no longer want or need. Then, you can store important stuff in your storage unit. Just remember that you have a lot of junk in your storage unit and many items are very heavy.
Would you like some assistance? Our junk removal professionals are ready to begin. Let them wipe your storage unit clean in a hurry.
Storage Unit Cleanout Services
You’ll quickly realize that it is going to be difficult to clean out your storage unit. We understand this better than anyone because we’ve been handling these problems for a long time. Whether you have a small storage locker or large storage unit, the problem is going to be harder than you might believe. It is easier to take advantage of storage unit cleanout services near you. We recommend calling our office and letting our experts handle it for you. We’ve trained them to the fullest to ensure that they can tackle this problem. When you’re ready to begin, call our office. We’ll make sure your storage unit gets cleaned out swiftly.
Emptying A Storage Unit
Before you can empty your storage unit, you need to make sure that you’re in the right mood. Otherwise, you’re going to run into problems and hate the experience. Before getting started, read the information provided below. Following these steps will ensure that the storage unit cleanout goes smoothly.
- Again, make sure you’re in the right mood. If you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, it is a good idea to wait until another day. If you’re sore or tired, it is best to schedule the cleaning for another time. Get in the right mindset so you can tackle the problem like a professional.
- Once you arrive at your storage unit, begin creating a list of the items you have. Write down the items you have so you’ll know what you can keep and get rid of. Creating a list ensures that you don’t throw anything away that you might want to keep.
- Begin sorting through your belongings. Pull the items out of your storage unit and place them in several groups. One group should hold items that you’re going to store in the storage unit later. Another should contain items you’re going to get rid of once you’re done.
- Find out what you can do with your unwanted items. Contact local charity and donation centers. You might be able to give these items away. Alternatively, you should try selling or recycling them. It is always better to give the items away instead of sending them to the landfill.
- Schedule another storage unit cleanout. You must clean your storage unit regularly to ensure that you don’t overload it. Cleaning it out will help keep your items in excellent condition as well.
Although you might be able to resolve your storage unit problem on your own, we argue it is easier to work with a professional. Doing so will save you time and energy. Call us and we’ll send our junk experts to your location.
How To Deal With The Junk In Your Storage Unit
When you decide to clean out your storage unit, you’ll have to do something with your unwanted junk. Besides working with us, you can try the following.
- Look through your storage unit to find out what items you have. Sort through them.
- Place your items in different groups. Be sure to have a group for items you’re going to keep. You’ll also need separate groups for items you’re going to recycle, donate, sell, and throw away.
- Items that you’re going to keep need to be stored in the storage unit. Organize properly to get the most from your space.
- Take the items to a dump so you can get rid of them. If you want to make this easier, call our office and we’ll take them for you. We can help you deal with heavy, bulky items.
- Items that you’re going to donate should be bagged and delivered to the nonprofit or donation center.
- Be sure to sweep and clean your storage unit.
- Once you’ve finished, properly store your good items in your storage unit.