A historic block in Denver, Colorado called Larimer Square is one of the city’s first designated local famous districts. It was once the home of Gahan’s Saloon which was the legendary watering hole for politicians, policemen, and reporters. Built during the 19th century, the second floor of this building, and was once a ballroom. It was also once home to a lively watering hole during the 1860s, a famous machine shop during World War II, a bicycle shop, and the first-ever barbershop. Originally home to the Metropolitan Billiard Saloon, a magnet for drunken commotions and occasional gunplay.
Colorado’s historic block is home to diverse food selections.
- Bao Brewhouse is creative Chinese street food and tea room in 1317 14th Street
- Bistro Vendome, a traditional left bank style café with a garden crafting slightly modern twists on French standards located in 1420 Larimer Street.
- Bubu is an Asian Fusion in 1423 Larimer Street a customizable bowl featuring veggies, grains, homemade dressing, and an assortment of toppings
- Corridor 44 is a French/Champagne Bar located at 1433 Larimer Street with a bottle of bubbly, cocktails, and clever bites showcased in an intimate, ultrachic space with a patio.
- Cru Food and Wine Bar is a wine bar in 1442 Larimer Street a relaxed, napa-style wine-bar chain serving New American fare, stone-fired pizzas, and amazing cheese plates.
AND SO MUCH MORE!
- Dog Savvy is a pet boutique located at 1402 Larimer Street that offers self-serve and full grooming options, dog clothes, food, treats, and accessories.
- Hailee Grace is a boutique in 1421 Larimer Street stocking relaxed womenswear and accessories in rustic roots with a modern twist.
- Moda Man is a boutique-like Hailee Grace but for men. Located at 1549 Larimer Street, this boutique is known for European and American apparel and accessories for men, plus made-to-measure. EZ Denver Junk Removal
AND SO MUCH MORE!
Nightlife and Bars
- Denver’s infamous Comedy Works is a comedy club located at 1226 15th Street infamous for stand-up bastion presents famed comedians along with up-and-comers in an intimate basement space.
- Corridor 44 is a French/ Champagne bar in 1433 Larimer Street, is a place for a bottle of bubbly, cocktails, and clever bites showcased in an intimate, ultrachic space with a patio.
- Cru Food and Wine Bar is a wine bar in 1442 Larimer Stree is a laid-back, Napa-style wine-bar chain serving New American fare, stone-fired pizza, and cheese plates.
Address: 1430 Larimer St, Denver, CO
See other tourist attractions like History Colorado Center